Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th December 2010, 08:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bryn Mallion
Default Tom Barlow Memorial Run

Starts 12.00 pm Boxing Day, at Jolly Thresher A56 at Lymm, always led by George Coles Clayton & Shuttleworth, Agricultural "Lucy Ashton" to be joined this year by the Foster "Winnie" ex Jim Dakin and any others?? onto "The Wheatsheaf" and then "The Old No 3", hell of a turn out by tractors, cars, wagons, military etc, think some of you Shropshire lads should have a run up, providing your back before dark of course? BM
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th December 2010, 01:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Riley

Hi

Well I popped along, but it was a bit too cold for my activity, especially as my gloves were wet for some reason! So I came away a bit early, was good to see some people though.

Cheers

Dave
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th December 2010, 07:23 PM
Engineer

It was a bit too cold for a lot of people Dave and thanks to you for turning out, George Coles managed to bring his engine out for a short while, but he did have problems with pipes freezing up etc,.Tomorrow 27th Dec sees the Cheshire Vintage Tractor Club xmas road run which starts at 9 00am from Fourways on the Chester Road at Delamere, up to this morning 120 tractors booked in, worth a look
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th December 2010, 09:26 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Richard Mawdsley

Well done and thanks to George and Malcolm and the crew for getting the Clayton out yesterday. George has had to put a fire in the engine on no less than eighteen occaisions during this cold spell to keep it from freezing up. Lesser people would have given up two weeks ago.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th December 2010, 09:33 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaming Richard View Post
Well done and thanks to George and Malcolm and the crew for getting the Clayton out yesterday. George has had to put a fire in the engine on no less than eighteen occaisions during this cold spell to keep it from freezing up. Lesser people would have given up two weeks ago.
Why?,

Surely a thinking man would have drained down, then put the important bits where they needed to go on the evening of Xmas day with an overnight fire. And the last of the bits connected up on boxing day ready for the run.

Would have been far less work.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th December 2010, 09:49 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Richard Mawdsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_10 Brass Cleaner View Post
Why?,

Surely a thinking man would have drained down, then put the important bits where they needed to go on the evening of Xmas day with an overnight fire. And the last of the bits connected up on boxing day ready for the run.

Would have been far less work.

For your information, they are thinking men. The engine was stored at an outdoor location where no water supply was availaible and if there was, it would likeley have been frozen up anyway.

Thanks for reminding me why I rareley post on here, as there always seems to be a smart arse who will seek to diminish the efforts of others. Typical also that you make such comments anonomously.
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th December 2010, 10:44 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Sarah Seddon
Default Tom Barlow Memorial Run

I wouldn't worry about it Richard just 8_10 doing his usual of telling people how things should be done without being in full possession of the facts. He seems to make a habit of it on here.
Incidentally, the BF family did make it to the run but seemed to arrive to late to see many folk (
Well done to George and all others who made the effort in the freezing conditions.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Clive Hearsey

I would like to thank the other minitaure engine owners who turned up and steamed up from the Old No3 to the Jolly Thresher and back again, at least we kept the steam side of things up along with George Cole and his Clayton. Yes it was cold and we did struggle keeping the engines warm but all enjoyed themselves.

Clive
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 2nd January 2011, 07:22 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaming Richard View Post
For your information, they are thinking men. The engine was stored at an outdoor location where no water supply was availaible and if there was, it would likeley have been frozen up anyway.

Thanks for reminding me why I rareley post on here, as there always seems to be a smart arse who will seek to diminish the efforts of others. Typical also that you make such comments anonomously.
Excellent reply Richard and a pleasure as always to meet you.