Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th July 2017, 04:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default Welland

I visited the rally at Welland yesterday (Saturday 29th July), held near the Malvern Hills. The countryside around the area is wonderful and despite it being a fairly dull day, the trees, fields and hills still looked good.

As ever the rally was excellent with a wide range of engines present. The line up of showman's engines was impressive - this included the Pat Collins feature of the show. There really is something there for all enthusiasts at this event; whether photography is your interest, working demonstrations, testing engines on the belt with a dynamometer or whatever

My only gripe was with the car parking. There was not really any special provision for people like myself, who have a blue badge and at times have difficulty with walking. The arrangement the organisers used, with a field for those with advance tickets and those with blue badges, meant I parked 150 - 200 yards from the entrance. This could have been a major problem if I needed to get to a place of safety quickly (my car) if my medication stopped working, which it very occasionally does.

Below are some photos taken yesterday. I tend to slightly over-expose my photos as this shows more detail - something I find helpful when it comes to creating artwork. The photo of the traction wagon I took especially to post here on T-T... ! Only problem being I do not know what make it is... ! There were in fact several traction wagons there and despite my best intentions, I only managed to photograph this one.

On the Fowler Tiger Tractor, can someone remind me what A W stands for? The final picture of the railway loco stirred my imagination regarding the livery of engines; this is what "photographic grey" must have looked like. Perhaps!

Michael

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th July 2017, 05:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Ed Walters

AW stands for "Axle Weight"
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th July 2017, 05:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard Francis

AW - axle weight
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th July 2017, 06:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Tutt

Always a good rally, with something for everyone. A shame the weather wasn't better, especially in the evening, but such is life. A few of mine.

#5  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th July 2017, 07:06 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Tutt

Always a good rally, with something for everyone. A shame the weather wasn't better, especially in the evening, but such is life. A few of mine.

Apologies for double post. Don't know how that happened.