Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th August 2016, 10:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jimmy Vardy
Default Torbay Steam Fair 2016

A few Photos from another very enjoyable long week-end at Torbay, it could not be helped but it would have been more enjoyable had the various exhibits been allowed to have done the road trip into Brixham Friday evening as last year, but some interesting exhibits though that included what appears to be an Austin K6 Lorry in German Panzer livery.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th August 2016, 11:46 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

I was hoping to be at Torbay this year unfortunately I have been unable to walk any distance and did not attend. Saw quack today and she reckons that I have chipped or cracked my left knee cap in a recent fall (no, I was not drunk, I wish I was!!). I am now trying to work out some way of visiting WESES rally in a couple of weeks time. Driving is not a problem as I drive an automatic. I am looking forward to sampling a mug of Scooby's excellent tea!
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2016, 10:23 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Sandie Armstrong

[QUOTE=wjvardy1942;368405]A few Photos from another very enjoyable long week-end at Torbay, it could not be helped but it would have been more enjoyable had the various exhibits been allowed to have done the road trip into Brixham Friday evening as last year, but some interesting exhibits though that included what appears to be an Austin K6 Lorry in German Panzer livery.

Quite a few engines and other vehicles did go into Brixham on both Friday and Saturday evenings for their 'Fish and Chip' suppers on the quay. What we could not do was have the road closed for the Hill Climb up to Furzeham this year.

It was never meant to be staged every year - but because it proved to be so popular with both owners and spectators we arranged to do it again - then again. Unfortunately last year it clashed with another big event on the quay and there were quite a few moans about road closures (it is the only way onto the harbour area for vehicles) that the decision was made to withdraw it this year and give Paignton a chance to see what they had been missing. We are the [I]Torbay[I] Steam Fair - and that covers Brixham, Paignton and Torquay........although Torquay may be pushing it a little - unless we have a year featuring Sentinels that is They do say that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' and judging by the amount of people we have had contact us begging us to do it again - we are hoping that the 'powers that be' in the Council will have a change of heart by next year.

Of course all the engines and other vintage vehicles are road legal and they could go up the hill at any time, what they could not do was negotiate the one way system to get back down or turn at the top without the use of the Green or the road being closed and the thought of any of them meeting a coach on the bend, when even cars have to stop to give way makes it inadvisable.

Thank you for posting the wonderful photographs taken at this years show - we certainly had an eclectic mix this year!