Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th May 2016, 08:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bill Starling
Default E.A.T.E.S. Crank-Up

This was an excellent 'Do' in a lovely setting on the banks of the river Cam. I've been anxiously waiting to enjoy someone else's photos - but where are they? I only took a few pictures, but here are some of them so the event doesn't go unrecorded.

The most unusual exhibit must have been this miniature Coulson & Wear 'Road locomotive engine'. Based in Stamford, the firm managed to escape the attention of Ronald Clark when he wrote his 'Steam Engine Builders of Lincolnshire'. The model was built from very limited information and is a great credit to its builder. Aptly named 'Aenigma', it represents the half way stage between the portable and the traction engine as we know it, with chain drive from the crankshaft at the smokebox end direct to the rear axle.

This Merryweather fire pump was giving an impressive display of its capability, sucking water out of the Cam and producing a jet well above the surrounding trees.

This lovely Burrell DCC road locomotive caught my eye.

Finally here's a well known Burrell agricultural engine from Richard Parrott's collection at Weeting, seen passing the Steam Apprentice Club's Burrell.

Plenty of scope for more pictures.
Bill.