Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 07:22 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James
Default NTET "Do" at Gaydon

There does not seem to be very much publicity about this event, to be held on Bank Holiday Monday - the 2nd of May 2016, at the Gaydon motor museum in Warwickshire.

With three days to go, is anyone from TT going? I couldn't find much information about it on the NTET website. To be clear, I'm not "having a go", if I can help in any way I will - but I am wondering if everything is going to plan.

Michael
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 07:50 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Holmes

Coal gone so hope someone will burn it ;-)
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 08:02 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Trevor Ives

I will be there with the 1/2 scale.
I looked on the Gaydon website and had a job to find a reference to Monday.
I hope someone else turns up.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 09:35 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Chris Hewitt

I was thinking of going with the Dragon, but I havn't found anything about it apart from a mention on the NTET site.
My brother in law works at Gaydon and he can shed no light.
Does anyone have any information ?
( the Dragon is a spouse not an engine, but maybe one day)
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 10:05 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Matt S

Its all over social media, and a full page advert and a preview appeared in the most recent issue of Steaming - which all members should have received by now.

All other information including prices and contact can be found on the front page of the NTET Website. I have just added a second posting as well to quell any rumor .

It's being held at the Museum, but sadly they seem very reluctant to promote it.

It's a trial event for the NTET, if it works and the members want more elsewhere they will happen. If not, at least they tried.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 10:51 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Kev Mills

I'm going with the roller, it should be a nice day out.

The museum has recently had a big refit and is well worth a visit. Pay once (discount if you are a Trust member) and get in free for the next 12 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gaydon NTET event.jpg (189.7 KB, 25 views)
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 12:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael James

Thanks for the post Matt, as I stated above I’m definitely not “having a go” at the NTET – I think the idea is very good indeed and I want to see the organisation go from strength to strength.

I don’t “do” FB as it both gives me the creeps with this “friends” thing and the way the links work from one page to another annoys the hell out of me! Perhaps I’m missing something but there you go. As I am your target for marketing – I live not too far away, have recently re-joined the NTET and could do with an engine “fix”, how do you get information to me? I did see the advert in Steaming but I think subconsciously I wanted to see something here on TT and more recent information on the NTET website. For what my opinion is worth, I consider the power of an update should never be underestimated – as you have now done on the NTET site. A message along the lines of “...organisers are ready for what promises to be...” reassures people that the event is still on, particularly people who are making a longer journey or need to make other plans.

I also have a friend who works at the museum - I know him through my model engineering club and last night (Thursday) he aired a few concerns. Nothing too serious, water for engines (a garden hosepipe!?) was the main issue he has.

I hope the event is regarded as a success. With hard standing for engines and a fairly central location in the country, the museum is ideal for a show featuring road steam. I fully intend to visit the show – although as always for myself there is some small print – illness permitting... If you are there Matt I will find you and introduce myself – with a portfolio of artwork under my arm!

Michael
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 12:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Kev Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Bennett View Post

I also have a friend who works at the museum - I know him through my model engineering club and last night (Thursday) he aired a few concerns. Nothing too serious, water for engines (a garden hosepipe!?) was the main issue he has.
Your man need not worry, I will have a couple of full IBCs on our low loader and my tender will be brimmed anyway, so with the museum hose we should all be more than well covered for a pretty easy day.
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 03:49 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Brian Wainwright

I saw big banners on site and near the entrance while visiting JLR earlier this week as the visitors have one go to a building near to the heritage centre for signing in and getting bussed on site.

Those going should take an engine on the 4x4 experience track, bit more of a challenge than the perimeter road around the heritage centre building. The Land Rover experience is closed at the moment due to the fact that someone found a rare newt while all the road construction has been going on.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th April 2016, 08:48 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Colin Melvyn Harris

Pedler should be there. There were about three or four engines due to be there. Lisajc is organising the engines.