Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th January 2014, 01:10 AM
Banned

Full Name: Tom Bowden
Default Tritandem Book

At long last, I have been able to restart my work on my Tritandem book which I hope to publish in time to sell it at GDSF this year.

However, help is still needed with illustrations. Does anyone have any photographs of the Tri's either in preservation or, better still, whilst they were working. They ceased to work in 1962/3?

Finally, does anyone have any photos of the three engines taken before they were converted to Tri's in the mid 1930's? All three engines were owned by Wirksworth Quarries Ltd and were standard Robey Tandems. The numbers were as follows: 43755/1929, 44083/1930 and 45655/1930. The latter two engines are now preserved and 43755 was scrapped at Woolmer Green in 1962/3.

Anyone whose photos are used will retain copyright on their photographs and the individual photos will be credited to them and their names will appear in the acknowledgements section of the book. When the book is published they will receive a complimentary signed copy as a way of saying thank you.

Finally, the book will cover the Crompton/Tapp designs in the UK as well as the Arnold Waveless Rollers and the three Robey convversions. Also included will be details of those designs which were used in the USA.