Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th November 2012, 08:50 AM
Engineer

Full Name: iain jubb
Default 3" Suffolk dredging tractor

We've had this model for around 15years and I used to run round the rally fields on it when I was younger. I then went on to other things and it was stripped down to a bare boiler for its hydraulic test. This was completed fine (although is out of date now) and then it has been left for about 10years. I

Its built to the haining design with a copper water tubed boiler and steams well. I've had it in steam a few times the last month or so and run round the garden etc. All runs nicely. Needs a few minor bits doing with standing for so long. Needs new o-rings in the glands etc. The clacks wont taking off and re-sealing as they have a small weep. they must have got moved whilst its been sat. Water pumps could also do with new o-rings but still work perfectly. The fire hole door bolts want something doing with them but it literally just holds the brass ring etc so various options. Few other bits. Obviously the lagging etc is still off so people can have a good look round.

I've got it at home in Lincoln so I will look to add some pictures over the weekend and may even get it into steam. I'm not sure just yet.

Its a nicely made model and is capable of pulling the driver and passengar. It comes with a working winch which has a lot of power along with anchor etc.

Paintwise it is fairly tidy but has a fair number of chips and would make a nice project for a youngster to "restore". Certainly no rust etc and a lot of parts have been made from stainless.

Its a double high, self starting with a engine driven water pump and then also a neat handpump built into the tank.

£3000ono