Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd October 2016, 07:54 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood
Default 3 - 4 1/2" Traction engine w/ certs

Hi all,

After a surprise change in circumstances, rather than waiting a year or two after buying our steam railway loco, my friend and I are on the lookout for a traction engine to boot.

We are after something between 3" and 4 1/2" scale which should ideally be no larger than 30" in width. It must be running and fully certed. Road registration would be handy, but as it's free to do it's not exactly crucial! We would prefer something relatively simplistic but it doesn't have to be the most basic design you can think of - just not the sort of thing that is quite literally a scaled down engine!

Coming with a driving truck would be ideal. A road transport trailer of some sort would be very helpful but by no means necessary. If you would be able to include other bits like firing irons, blower etc then that'd be magic to get us rolling straight off the bat. (not asking for those for free, before anyone asks me to clarify!)

Feel free to contact by PM, or you can email jameslit(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk or by phone on 07803 821323 pretty much any time - if I don't answer then you can reach me on 01303 241538.

I have been looking around the various sale websites and those companies who stock these items themselves but we want to be cautious with this purchase as we obviously have already got a play thing, so we are taking it as slow as need be to get the right engine - therefore we're looking at every possible option.

Thanks everyone!
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood

Pending payment we have now got what we're after - starting with 3" and planning on sizing up later on.

Will share info, pictures, videos and exploits soon!