Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st August 2022, 07:29 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Rob Dickinson
Default Shrewsbury 2022

We were here on Sunday and Monday. The weather could have been better, but at least it didn't rain and the large crowds will have kept the organisers happy.
https://www.internationalsteam.co.uk.../ukindex22.htm

We were still recovering from 3 days at GDSF. However, don't hold your breath waiting for that report...
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st August 2022, 11:11 AM
Engineer

Full Name: glen prince

Great report, just one heads up you have ironside showing as a t3 as well as it's correct listing.
Glen
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st August 2022, 02:55 PM
Engineer

Default Ironside

Thanks for this, it illustrates the perils of doing reports when it's difficult to keep my eyes open after 3 days at GDSF and 2 days at Onslow.

It's a copy, paste and edit error, now corrected; in fact if you had clicked the thumbnail you would have seen the right picture.

Each pair of images for each entry is numbered consecutively (these were 10 and 11) it makes life easy for me but makes me look stupid when I make a careless mistake as here!
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st September 2022, 07:58 AM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

As Glen notes great report.

The tangerine Sentinel (2973) was displaying its correct registration number as far as I can tell. Not only does it carry the 1151 plates, it displayed AW2603 for a time. Certainly while it was displayed at the South Yorkshire Transport Museum.

There is no record as far as I can tell of '1151' though it is known AW 2603 was carried by a 'unknown' Sentinel. I wonder if someone has a log book that may add a little to the Sentinel records - '1150' was AW 2602.

Interestingly both registration numbers exist on the DVLA computer.

I have also corrected an error made by father in restoring our Marshall, it now carries its correct name. 'The Mascot'.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st September 2022, 11:05 AM
Engineer

Noted both, many thanks.

The Sentinel was a case of using the TER as opposed to the programme and my own eyes/brain. The latter more and more unreliable.

"The Mascot" similarly is a TER error, which has been perpetuated ever since I first saw the engine here back in 2013. More reports to correct!

To be fair, I think that in general programmes have a far higher error rate than the TER.

Please, everyone, do correct any mistakes you spot, reports are compiled in a hurry. Either in public or by means of a private message.

Despite appearances, I do have a life outside steam rallies, particularly my garden which has been more or less left to its own devices during the drought. The GDSF report will be progressed when the expected rain appears tomorrow but today there is the small matter of trimming the grass and edges in anticipation.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st September 2022, 01:02 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by International Steam View Post
Noted both, many thanks.

The Sentinel was a case of using the TER as opposed to the programme and my own eyes/brain. The latter more and more unreliable.

"The Mascot" similarly is a TER error, which has been perpetuated ever since I first saw the engine here back in 2013. More reports to correct!

To be fair, I think that in general programmes have a far higher error rate than the TER.

Please, everyone, do correct any mistakes you spot, reports are compiled in a hurry. Either in public or by means of a private message.

Despite appearances, I do have a life outside steam rallies, particularly my garden which has been more or less left to its own devices during the drought. The GDSF report will be progressed when the expected rain appears tomorrow but today there is the small matter of trimming the grass and edges in anticipation.
Ron, the error in the TER is because father misunderstood the info conveyed to him many years ago and therefore made the nameplate wrong without the 'The'. So it is very much fathers error perpetuated elsewhere!. I only corrected it this winter!