Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th April 2022, 07:07 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Sandy Ross
Default Redbourn Museum steam open day - Saturday 28th May 2022

After two steamless years at the Museum, I am happy to announce that we are again planning to hold the Redbourn Museum steam Open Day on Saturday 28th May. With no rally at St. Albans this year, this date will at least give us one opportunity to get together in the area.

As in previous years, I hope that you can come along with something from your collection and enjoy the sun, a few beers from the Cricketers, and some steam talk. We normally arrive about 11 am and remain until mid afternoon, but there are no rules!

Please pass this invitation along to anyone else interested. As before, models/full size steam/cars/tractors and anything else are welcome, but no money or coal (tea/coffee normally do arrive, though).

Redbourn Museum is situated on Redbourn Common, not far from the historic Watling Street St Albans to Dunstable Road, and near Junction 9 of the M1 motorway. Satnav AL3 7NB. https://www.redbournmuseum.org/

Sandy Ross
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th April 2022, 06:40 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Dennis Allen
Default Do we need to register

Hello Sandy,

Our 6" Burrell Crane engine is now complete, has had a few steaming's and seems to behaving well.
So we would like to introduce it to the rally scene.

As Redbourn is quite close to us we would like to attend if possible.

Do we need to register?

Dennis
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th May 2022, 07:15 AM
Engineer

Default Steam at Redbourn MuseumSaturday 28th May 2022

In the early days of steam preservation Redbourn was very much at the centre of activities. Lance Statham’s Fowler ‘Carry On’ was based in the village and was often seen in action, while Betty Vickery hit the headlines when she took her driving test on the common with her Aveling convertible. Times have changed, but steam will be back on the common at Redbourn Museum on Saturday 28th May, feel free to bring any suitable exhibit. Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.41 View Post
After two steamless years at the Museum, I am happy to announce that we are again planning to hold the Redbourn Museum steam Open Day on Saturday 28th May. With no rally at St. Albans this year, this date will at least give us one opportunity to get together in the area.

As in previous years, I hope that you can come along with something from your collection and enjoy the sun, a few beers from the Cricketers, and some steam talk. We normally arrive about 11 am and remain until mid afternoon, but there are no rules!

Please pass this invitation along to anyone else interested. As before, models/full size steam/cars/tractors and anything else are welcome, but no money or coal (tea/coffee normally do arrive, though).

Redbourn Museum is situated on Redbourn Common, not far from the historic Watling Street St Albans to Dunstable Road, and near Junction 9 of the M1 motorway. Satnav AL3 7NB. https://www.redbournmuseum.org/

Sandy Ross
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th February 2023, 07:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Russ Bulley
Default Pathe

https://youtu.be/MzUga_IZvRs

Russ
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 18th February 2023, 12:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Martin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWHB1 View Post
That looks like the A5 back in the day. Certainly would not try taking a roller on it these days. I used to pass by Stathams garage every day on the way to school. Always brightened the mood to see what was in the yard.

Martin
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 20th February 2023, 07:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steve Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenor View Post
That looks like the A5 back in the day. Certainly would not try taking a roller on it these days. I used to pass by Stathams garage every day on the way to school. Always brightened the mood to see what was in the yard.

Martin
Its not that bad a road these days as I have driven my engine along it for the past 30 years.

Hertfordshire steam engine preservation society.
www.hertssteam.co.uk
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st February 2023, 12:44 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Martin J

Maybe it has improved, my schooldays were well over 50 years ago. (that can't be right!). I might also be biased as a good friend was killed not far from there.
Martin
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:26 AM
Engineer

Default Watling Street. Redbourn

We (and others) have regularly travelled this way on our engines over the years, you can see the roller marks in the road surface (but don't tell Herts Highways). Yes, there have been fatalities on this road, sadly often due to drunk drivers. Sandy