Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th October 2012, 12:55 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!
Default AMANCO 3 Mule Team

In order to proivide funding for the restoration of another Austin 7 restoration, I have reluctantly decided to sell my 1917 AMANCO '3 Mule Team'

Amanco engines were made by the Associated Manufacturing Company of Iowa in the USA . These engines were imported in large numbers between 1911 and 1930.

This one is 1917, and is petrol/paraffin. And supposedly 3 1/2 horse.

The engine is in completley original condition.

It has 3 coats of paint existing, the original red, overpainted with green, and another overpainted coat again in red. The present top coat is niceley weathered. There is some rust, but nothing to shout about. I keep it nicely oiled.

I saved this one from under a tarpaulain in a farmyard where it was belted to a small sawbench, and plastered in a mix of sawdust and oil. The farm was in the Conway valley, North Wales.

The only mechanical work I have done to the engine is to change the mica in the ignitor. The engine runs ok, but is far from in perfect order. It runs fine timed correctly when at work, but soots up occasionally idling all day at a show so presently it is timed a little on the retarded side to ensure it runs hot and cleanly when changed over onto paraffin. The bottom bowl on the 'carb' is wired on, I never did find out how it was meant to be fitted.

The engine was initially mounted onto two 4inch steel channels, the original wood having gone rotten. I made a timber box for the starting handle, and repaired the original and very rotten fel tank with soft soldered patches, and an internal slosh sealant. I also fitted new fuel pipes.

Later I sourced an original Bamford engine trolley, and this was refurbished (including welding up a cracked wheel) and made to fit the steel channels. The trolley is quite a saleable item in its own right.

All the new or repaired steelwork is painted satin black.

The engine is located near Woore, Shropshire within easy reach of the M6.

£550 ono. PM, hedd_jonesATyahoo.co.uk or 07871 577 132. More photos on request.

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th October 2012, 04:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

SOLD