Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st December 2020, 09:04 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Roger Mills

I think the event industry, if only privately, discounted next year months ago just down to practicalities. Although for obvious reasons I no longer write into the outdoor trade I did take a look in October and concluded that the feeling was since the government's approach to managing this virus, reaction to statistics and imposition of restrictions at short notice, had not changed in seven months you simply couldn't plan anything. That was before the Leader of the Conservative Party ditched his one pal and imposed month long restrictions. At that time Michael Eavis was talking about massive testing arrangements if Glastonbury takes place next year (one does wonder at even mentioning this idea) though they were aiming for a date in June while Boomtown were already selling tickets for August despite the fact that they still have roll-overs from 2020 un-refunded. At least the Jockey Club aren't yet selling tickets for the Cheltenham Festival meeting yet and given the jumpiness of Gloucestershire County Council that's sensible. Goodwood Motorsport are only promising alerts at this stage. The big issue for some is that they are still holding advance money which at some time they will have to refund.

I do occasionally wonder of the only large scale event that might take place here next year is a general election.