Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd September 2016, 09:05 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood
Default Lister SR1 for sale

Fully working Lister SR1 7.25hp diesel stationary engine. Perfect for applications such as a table saw and such, or to plop on a trolley and rally.

Complete with a belt carrier, which is currently unfitted but complete with bolts etc. You could fit a larger one to carry a wide belt for a saw, for example.

The engine currently has a throttle control, enabling it to work betwee 750rpm and 2000rpm as required. It was not built with one, and this is a simple assembly to remove to return the engine to its original operating RPM of 1500.

It's very good on fuel and oil economy, a clean runner, and brushes up well, although it won't win any beauty contests.

If you fancy spicing up the workshop with something that's interesting but easy to look after this could be perfect for the job!

Click here for video.
The startup in this video has some dark smoke to begin with because the engine had been cold and unused for a time, that's completely normal when starting. As you can see it quickly reduces in volume and becomes a nice light grey/white colour as it should be.

Contact me on 07803 821323. If I don't answer please leave a message, or text your details to me and I will call back ASAP. I am usually around on the phone but am not always. The most reliable method to contact me is by email at jameslit(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk. Have removed the signs from the address to prevent spam etc. Please feel free to make me an offer.

I am in Folkestone, Kent, and you will need to remove the engine yourself, but we will of course help you.

Sale needed quickly to help fund scale traction engine and make some space for it!

Donation will be made to TT out of the sale (even if it does not sell through someone interested on this site) as a thank you.

All the best,
James
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 13th October 2016, 09:05 PM
Engineer

Full Name: James Littlewood

Now sold and donation was made.