Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th May 2014, 10:07 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge
Default Fowler Showmans Engine plus others

After recent events of thefts that we have had over the last year among other factors. I have decided enough is enough and to retire and move to warmer climates and get away from the UK pare-sights that have invaded our property. I have not taken this decision lightly and are pretty pissed off, but for sale we have the following.

Fowler 18503 Royal Sovereign Showman's, engine built as a roller in 1931 and converted to Showman's in preservation. The engine passed a full hydraulic and steam test last week. It is in good working order and probably one of the best conversions out there. (Seen at Abbeyhill last weekend)

Fowler 17482 The Councillor Showman's, engine built in 1929 as a roller. I bought the remains of 17482 around 6 or so years ago after being stripped down for around 20 years before that and left in a field. At the time I gave 40k for it. Most of the bits were either rotten out or stolen from it or missing. Over the last 6 years I have built it up as a Showman's style engine with other Fowler parts and I ncluding a brand new boiler barrel, firebox and tube plate by Alton Engineering (Howard Bros). New wheels and tender. A full set of new gears etc etc. New valves and piston rods etc. New shaft bearings and much more. Rebore and pistons. We have had it running with compressed air and it is sweet. It dose need finishing off though and it comes with a Mather & Platt dynamo and new 3inch twisted brass. Up to now I have over 100k in it without our time.

Please appreciate I don't want lookers, tyre kickers, waste of timers or know one trying to raise money for the asset. Just genuine folk please apply.

Fowler 9061 Florence, The only A4 convertible steam roller in existence. Weighing in at 20 tons dead weight. In original condition and been dried stored for over 80 years until seen at Welland last year. Barrel, box, tube plate and tubes are as good as the day it was built. We have had them thickness tested.

1949 Scammell 15MU in fully restored condition year 2000. Google LTU114.

1962 Atkinson SBT746XA bonneted original 4x2 ballast tractor with original Crane drawbar lowloader trailer.

1959 Scammell 15MU Highwayman with recently resorted cab and in running condition.

4inch scale Atkinson steam lorry with fully 10year Hydraulic test and ready to use or rally.

3 inch scale Foden lorry with new boiler but needs reassembling, Comes with original drawings etc.

Full size coal fired tar boiler including tar which was used with Fowler Team Roller Undaunted.

Nothing is going for nothing, but if there is genuine interested party's for the above please email me craigctt@aol.com
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th May 2014, 10:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tony Seddon

Blimey Craig. Good luck.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th May 2014, 10:46 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Firebar View Post
Blimey Craig. Good luck.
Thanks Tony, I've just had enough. (The straw that broke the camels back). When the Rangey went the other week and what the insurance is willing to pay out. I've had enough with this country. This country is going to the dogs. My brother moved abroad many years ago and he seems fairly happy were he is. I think it's our time now, even though er in dors doesn't agree. Anyway, all the above is for sale to genuine enquires. Fowler 9005 is not, as it is on loan to Graham and will remain there.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th June 2014, 02:33 AM
Engineer

Bump
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th March 2015, 08:31 PM
Engineer

image.jpgBoth miniatures and the Tar Boiler have now been sold. Not mentioned before, but our ERF EC14 Olympic is also for sale.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th May 2015, 08:57 PM
Engineer

1959 Scammell also sold now
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th June 2015, 02:41 AM
Engineer

Engines still for sale, 18503 and the big A4 roller as well as the 1949 Scammell and the ERF EC14 Olympic.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:23 PM
Engineer

I'm still here at the moment. Fowler 17482 is still for sale, as is the 1949 Scammell. The rest has been sold. If anyone has any interest my number is 07967 266405 and we are based in Worcestershire