Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th July 2009, 06:55 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bramwell
Default Cheshire Steam Fair

I was there on Sunday and the overnight rain spoilt things a little on the new site .
It was a surprise to find that the venue had changed from usual by the lake at Tabley House field and the show in general seemed smaller to previous years.
Despite the wet in places field condtion there was movement by some of the steam exhibits , I did not see any rollers move which was for the better as the access area's were quite muddy but for some passable .
Here are some photo's

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/u...0Steam%20Fair/
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 11:45 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Pybus
Default More on Cheshire Steam Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X-1 View Post
I was there on Sunday and the overnight rain spoilt things a little on the new site .
It was a surprise to find that the venue had changed from usual by the lake at Tabley House field and the show in general seemed smaller to previous years.
Despite the wet in places field condtion there was movement by some of the steam exhibits , I did not see any rollers move which was for the better as the access area's were quite muddy but for some passable .
Here are some photo's

http://s650.photobucket.com/albums/u...0Steam%20Fair/

I know that the weather wasnt too good for this event as I had hoped to go, however matters seemed to conspire against it. This event was probably smaller and at a slightly different venue due to the utterly appalling organisation behind the event. I speak as one of many miniature traction engine owners whom having applied to attend both this rally and Astle Park in August and having sent in our forms with SAEs were just completely ignored by the organisers.We received nothing, no passes, no communication, emails ignored, phone calls never returned, absolute joke! As it clearly said on the application 'No Pass - No Admittance' I didnt go, only to discover after the event that several model engines attended on spec, I assume! Apparently no one was detailed to handle the miniatures and the poor chap who was organising the full size engines was left facing these frustrations. I had hoped to attend Astle Park and camp over, but no one at 'Events Office' will talk to me, so I currently have no idea where I and others stand. Can any one help out there?

Mark C Pybus-
Acting Secretary Stockport South Model Engineering Society.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 11:53 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

Simon & Richard are not the best at getting passes out to exibitors. Last year I didnt recieve any for Pickering but went anyway and got paid OK. As for this year they have not come so I rang Simon last week. We are on the list so I just need to turn up again next week. I dont no what the problem is with issuing passes, but if you ring the office and talk to either Simon or Richard and they clarify that you are on the list, then just turn up.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 01:10 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Robinson

Interesting how many people involved in the UK acoustic/folk music scene have been told that Simon Boak no longer has anything to do with the company running these events.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 03:00 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

I didnt mention Boak.
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 03:26 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Jamie Godwin (Preston)

Our passes have been sent
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th July 2009, 04:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigctt View Post
I didnt mention Boak.
OK - assumption made. How unfortunate that there is more than one Simon linked to this company. Must be a cause for embarrasment at times.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st July 2009, 11:02 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Pybus

Some Good news.

It seems the gods have acted, my Astle Park pass turned up today!! i dont know if posting the matter on here helped or someone with inside knowledge read the posting but we have action which is good.

My thanks to all those who posted on and viewed this topic.

Mark Pybus - Stockport South MES.