Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th August 2021, 11:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Frank Wurth

Have a similar issue here as well. Us oldsters just have to wait this out and visit each other on site for now.
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th August 2021, 09:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

My Grandson who I introduced to Rallies when he was 13 years old as his father was not interested, and myself both enjoy attending our local rallies in Devon and Cornwall and like everyone else we have not been able to do so for the last couple of years. Like everyone else we miss our rallies. We were looking forward to being able to attend this one and my neighbour had agreed to look after my dog. However, it is not just Cornwall that has seen Covid spread like wildfire but Devon as well. We have both had our second jabs however it looks like originating from Cornwall that there could be a new variant of the Delta Strain of the virus. 53,000 thousand people attended the recent Surfing and Music Boardmasters Festival in Newquay two weeks ago and over 5,000 of them have since come down with Coronavirus. Newquay now has the highest rate of infection in England now. My grandson and myself are isolating again as we do not want to be part of the 10% of the UK population who have had Covid. We are sorry that we will not be attending this event however, our health and wellbeing come first.
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th September 2021, 09:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Syms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4040 View Post
That’s a shame, will have to give that a miss then. A bit like the dog hating National Trust and Poldark mine
This location has chickens, rabbits, goats, horses / ponies, donkeys, emu's, pigs and many other petting animals in the park, they have given exhibitors and those partaking of the exclusive offer, special permission to use there overflow car park as a exercise area, with strict rules of must be on lead at all times.
The area / location has many lanes / roads attached to it for as long a walk you require.
Dogs are not allowed into the park at any time for clearly the reasons above.

Sorry to hear that this is enough to stop you coming, we have booked our dogs in with a friend for the weekend.
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th September 2021, 07:57 AM
Admin / Mod

Full Name: David Collidge

My wife went to Springfields Fun Park over the summer and had a brilliant day, they were there all day with family and kids aged 2-10. I'm looking forward to going at the weekend.
  #15  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th September 2021, 12:29 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Rob Dickinson

I was greatly looking forward to this but with no petrol available in the Forest of Dean at the moment and today the last one when I could cancel my hotel reservation and get my money back, I had little choice.

I look forward to next year's Trevithick Day...