Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th June 2013, 02:50 PM
Engineer

Full Name: George Sunbeam
Default 16th Innishannon, Cork 2&3 June

A few images of the engines at the 16th Innishannon Steam & Vintage Rally 2013. Enjoy!

Back from South Africa:

McLaren No 60:

The "White Lady" back in the south:

Tiger study: (Hopefully, one day, this show will have different "number plates" !!)

Just ready for the show:

Also new on the scene:
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th June 2013, 10:36 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Marade Colledge

Just a quick post to thank everyone at innishannon for once again putting on a great show weather was brill and was lovely to see everyone again.
On the boat back to the uk at the mo and looking forward to catching up on some sleep yet again we turned 3 days into 6 very little sleep but great craic
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th June 2013, 10:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robin Marshman

The Wallis Oilbath has changed lots from when it was sold as Dingles last year! The owner looks to have done a good job!
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2013, 07:14 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

Had a great time once again with brilliant people and a good craic. Back home now and off to bed at 8am. The only down side was a blowout on the trailer at about 3.30am this morning on the M4. But, heyho that's life. If we don't see you Irish boys before, we will see you again next year at Innishannon. Take care and thanks again for your hospitality
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2013, 09:31 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Donal Regan

My favourite show todate, thanks to all great people there. Mighty craic.

Donal
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2013, 10:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bosworth

Crikey that looks very dry. Last time I went it was knee deep in mud. Are you sure it was held in Cork
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th June 2013, 09:15 PM
Engineer

Full Name: NIGEL BINKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigctt View Post
Had a great time once again with brilliant people and a good craic. Back home now and off to bed at 8am. The only down side was a blowout on the trailer at about 3.30am this morning on the M4. But, heyho that's life. If we don't see you Irish boys before, we will see you again next year at Innishannon. Take care and thanks again for your hospitality
Nice to see lorna doone craig looks a little different to last time i saw her before she went over to the emerald isle
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th June 2013, 08:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Wesley Glynn

One of the best steam shows ever in this country. Nice to see the big b 6 belong to bernerd and the Irish Burrell back with the original family. Hope next year is as good . Nice to c all the new engines out .
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th June 2013, 10:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKTOP View Post
Nice to see lorna doone craig looks a little different to last time i saw her before she went over to the emerald isle
When I was busy with the haulage Nigel in the early 90's and not able to go with the old man to the rally's so much, it was a big regret as I have now found. Dad obviously got fead up and sold the engine to Tom Bermingham. When dad died suddenly in 2005 my goal was to find we're Lorna Doone was and buy it back. A friend gave me Tom Berms number and I tried to buy it back from him. We were going to have a deal at Dorest in the Folk tent in 2006. It was the first time I met Tom Bermingham in person, but we had talked on the phone. I think we were a bit similar. Both liking a drink. Anyway after trying to do a deal in the folk tent and us not getting anywhere together at the right money I went outside at around midnight and bought Royal Sovereign after 12 pints of Guinness . This actually got me back into steam. Every year since, me and Tom have met in the folk tent to try to thrash out a deal. Alas it has never happened and sadly Tom Bermingham died recently. Being out of the scene for a few years, all I wanted is to buy was that one Burrell. It must be fate however and I have now ended up with 4 Fowlers. Innishannon is a great rally and the people are fantastic and I always look forward to seeing Lorna Doone everytime we go. One day I might just scrounge a go on her. I have so many memory's with the old man driving and me steering with the trailer and living van behind. Cooking in the smoke box and dad getting the 99p cheap as they come beer from Aldi,s. happy days. Good memory's............and Dad if your looking down on this, that cheap beer was crap.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th June 2013, 08:59 AM
Engineer

Full Name: NIGEL BINKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigctt View Post
When I was busy with the haulage Nigel in the early 90's and not able to go with the old man to the rally's so much, it was a big regret as I have now found. Dad obviously got fead up and sold the engine to Tom Bermingham. When dad died suddenly in 2005 my goal was to find we're Lorna Doone was and buy it back. A friend gave me Tom Berms number and I tried to buy it back from him. We were going to have a deal at Dorest in the Folk tent in 2006. It was the first time I met Tom Bermingham in person, but we had talked on the phone. I think we were a bit similar. Both liking a drink. Anyway after trying to do a deal in the folk tent and us not getting anywhere together at the right money I went outside at around midnight and bought Royal Sovereign after 12 pints of Guinness . This actually got me back into steam. Every year since, me and Tom have met in the folk tent to try to thrash out a deal. Alas it has never happened and sadly Tom Bermingham died recently. Being out of the scene for a few years, all I wanted is to buy was that one Burrell. It must be fate however and I have now ended up with 4 Fowlers. Innishannon is a great rally and the people are fantastic and I always look forward to seeing Lorna Doone everytime we go. One day I might just scrounge a go on her. I have so many memory's with the old man driving and me steering with the trailer and living van behind. Cooking in the smoke box and dad getting the 99p cheap as they come beer from Aldi,s. happy days. Good memory's............and Dad if your looking down on this, that cheap beer was crap.
Will never forget goin to flookbrogh with ben farrow your dad and harry lion your dad and benny ended up sleeping in my caravan with your dad on the floor on a lilo what a weekend that was alass the all be supping aldi cheep beer up ther together again