Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th January 2024, 08:28 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Smith
Default 6” Scale Burrell GMT castings and AJB boiler

I have decided to thin out some projects due to ill health and have three speed Burrells already?

I haven a complete set of castings for Edward George’s 6” scale Burrell gold medal tractor now marketed by Adrian Nutting.

I have everything available on his website including all the rollings for the wheels, smoke box, chimney, spun chimney cap, pressed tender sides and belly tank ends, pressed laser cut horn plates, laser cut spokes. A set of front and rear springs, gears for pump drive , brand new pair of Bob Branson premiere style injectors with test certs. Laser cut tender draw straps, spectacle and front plates, clupet piston rings, mechanical lubricator, safety valve spring, set of drawings and a brand new professionally made boiler with al, test paperwork from AJB ( Tony Baldwin) from his last batch of boilers made before he retired.

The crankshaft is machined and journals ground. The cylinder block is fully cored out and professionally machined along with the matching motion bracket by Adrian Nutting.

All the steam valves have have been machined and are fitted with proper Burrell style hand wheels, Set of brass oilers for motion and shafts.

I have priced this up at current prices and with a new boiler would cost £19800 today.

Looking for offers around £16000.

With prices continuing to rise and castings harder and harder to get this is unique opportunity to get a complete set of castings and a new AJB boiler. Current price of a new boiler alone is close to £7500.
I don’t expect this to hang around for long !

Call me 07407 088962 or PM me if interested.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th January 2024, 04:45 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andy Smith

SOLD