Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th August 2008, 02:36 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Syms

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4040 View Post
Yes the dates are a bit of a problem to local supporters, as I pointed out previously. I can't see that the date change will make all that much difference to the attendance but thats up to the organisers.
We will have to try and fit around the dates, but it's going to make things difficult thats for sure.
Well perhapes the organisers of Langport, Boconnoc and Torbay should start talking to one another as i see a chance of sharing some of the expenses re haulage costs, bulk coal buying and other expenses, just a thought !!!!!
Very good photos again David.

Steve
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th September 2008, 04:43 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Craig Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidner View Post
Yes , Sam , and from your part of the world - ex Jacksons of Wistaston . This pair worked until the early '70's on dredging . 1882's father drove one of them on its last job , or was at least roped up to it with a BB .
Weidner, were they still with Jacksons at that point? I'm trying to decide whether I can remember Jacksons in business or not, their former yard is about a mile from where I am typing this, our telephone exchanage is also on the same piece of land,hence I am writing this via Sammy Jackson's yard hehe. There is still an agricultural presence on the site, selling tractors and farm machinery, but don't think they have anything to do with the original Jackson business.

http://craigbennett.photobook.org.uk/ if you want to see what I've pointed my camera at lately, click and have a look

Tags
2008, boconnoc