Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2008, 07:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Robin Marshman
Default Torbay steam fair

Wat a sad weekend there was , rain cancelled it on the first day and health and saftey made it to bad to open on the other days incase some fell over in the mud or sumthin ! we travelled down for the weekend and it was worth just for the monday when everything was pulled out and put on lowloaders and it was good to see a few engines in steam i have some pics i will post when i get home ! But a BIG thank you to the orgainers who made it possible to everyone get off the site saftely and got everyone off nd look after us over the weekend !
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2008, 09:59 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Syms
Default Wet Wet Wet

Well just returned home from the Torbay rally site yesterday, after the whole weekend was a total washout, can i say a big thankyou to all the steam boys for your patients over the weekend, and we hope to see most of you back again. I was very upset to find that some engine owners took it upon themselves to STEAL coal off the coal lorry on the Sunday morning after the show was called off, please rest assured you were being watched and you will not be at the Torbay rally again !!!!!! From a show where NO paying public came through the pay gates we now find ourselves with a coal bill of close to £1000. Of course on top of all this was all the other items that have to be paid for ie :- engine haulage costs, toilets, large tents, ground rent and REPAIR, all the printing etc, it now costs a huge amount of money to run a show of this size.
Now for some good news, see you at next years TORBAY STEAM FAIR, July 31st, August 1st & 2nd .

Steve, with the very quiet, sheeted, 3 speed, RED "Burrell"
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th August 2008, 06:59 PM
Engineer

As i promised after my hoilday down there, my first visit after going to st agnus last year thought i go to another west country rally sad about the weather but i had a good time never less
Princess royal towed out by a tractor to it low loader

Another engines steams to the low loader

Gladiator steams down the " mud road "

Burrell 4040 on the road to the low loader

The owner of this is a man i envy alot my favorite showmans around brilliantly restored

#4  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th August 2008, 07:17 PM
Engineer

This is an example of John W brilliant steering and of course John A driving ( takes a good driver to drive it up a low loader)
Here some pics ( I wont show the fact that they did this twice they were out by an inch or so the first time so they did it again and John steered it right up )
I remember John exact words " im getting to old for this " nah you seemed to do it fine second time lucky that was !

And now ready to go off !
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th August 2008, 02:40 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Syms

Quote:
Originally Posted by steaming my way View Post
This is an example of John W brilliant steering and of course John A driving ( takes a good driver to drive it up a low loader)
Here some pics ( I wont show the fact that they did this twice they were out by an inch or so the first time so they did it again and John steered it right up )
I remember John exact words " im getting to old for this " nah you seemed to do it fine second time lucky that was !

And now ready to go off !
Hey, thanks for the photos, very good. Some more photos on the website at www.torbaysteamfair.com

Steve.