Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st July 2010, 12:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Colin Tyson
Default Dave Hoyles rallies - Midlands Events Club

Letter to Old Glory from Dave Hoyles:

"After many years of organising events and shows I have come to the decision that I am reducing my support and events as from this year 2010.

I feel, like many old organisers, that the enthusiasm is drained by bureaucracy and health and safety regulations.

I also feel that the events are being drained by expenditure: site charges / infra structures / services and publicity by the local media. Restrictions on road side advertising have become more difficult due to government fly posting restrictions and local authority enforcement.

Most exhibitors’ expenses have increased and so the future of our events are at risk due to financial implications,

We are very dependent on public support and in the current situation they cannot afford to attend our events.

Caterers, Traders and Craft stalls are not forth coming because the communities do not have enough money to spend at our events and so these stalls are not covering their costs.

I have organised many family shows with entertainment over the last 27 years and have had losses of a great amount. Therefore I have finally decided to call it a day with some events.

This year I have committed myself to events that have cost lots of time and money to no avail.

I am sorry to cancel the events I have publicised as The Midland events Club for the 2010 events.

I will continue with The Midland Events Club and service offered to support other events and exhibitors.

I will also continue to organise other events for other parties at no financial risk to myself

I will be happy to help other shows in the future.

I have also realised that Partnerships can not be productive when the other partners do not understand the events scene.

I will be cancelling the following events 2010 These were all partnership events

Cancelled 25th 26th 27th July Erewash Steam & Transport West Park

Cancelled 13th 14th 15th Aug Market Harborough Steam & Transport Show

Cancelled 24th 25th July Whitchurch Shropshire

There are many more reasons for the cancellations but they have been caused by my own enthusiasm.

I can confirm 23rd 24th JULY EREWASH STEAM TRANSPORT & FAMILY SHOW will take place 2011

We are negotiating Notts Steam at Wollaton Park and will keep you informed.

Dave Hoyles
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st July 2010, 12:39 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Tez M

I read this letter on the Midlands Evenis Club web site a few weeks ago... I have been supporting Dave Hoyles and The Midlands Events Club as an exhibitor for a number of years now and I was disappointed when several of the events that I had booked on for this year were cancelled which meant finding alternative venues to exhibit at.

I wish Dave Hoyles and the Midlands Events Club the very best of luck for 2011.

Cheers

Tez