Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th August 2011, 03:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Foden View Post
Well spotted Anthony!

Yes Roy, I was standing by the back wheel of our Foden in one of your pictures. I didn't see you though, perhaps you should have asked around.... I'd have been more than pleased to talk with you!

Great pictures Roy, and a first time out for my Fowler living van which travelled behind our Foden to & from the event, about 40-45 miles in total. A cracking little local do for us, only in it's second year, but has already 'ticked all the boxes' for us.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Sorry to miss you Simon. I did ask around. Spent a lot of time talking to the driver of the Bressingham roller discussing the scarifier and the hammer marks around bolts in inaccessible places. Also had a long interesting chat with the owner of the steam milk float and with the guy looking after the Davy Paxman, discussing the girder on the top of the boiler and its facility of being able to lift the motion off in one piece. Also chatted with the guy who had the 6inch copy of the full size it was standing by, and a passer-by who called a certain miniature owned by a T-T member a "mobile oil-slick"