Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd June 2014, 05:59 PM
Engineer

Full Name: chris f
Default Kelsall Steam and Vintage Rally 2014

I had a great day at Kelsall on Saturday. with a good line up in all sections. They are not the best photos as they are a bit too dark at times but show what was there, and I look forward to David's take on the event.

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd June 2014, 08:59 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

Chris, They are cracking photo's. On Sunday the sun was very bright, I struggle to get a decent image in full sun, not worked out why yet. We came straight to the caravan after Kelsall, I'll try to get some on tomorrow.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd June 2014, 09:47 PM
Engineer

Full Name: G Townsend

Some of mine. Again not brilliant pictures. Was a good rally. Lots of engines, nearly 30 full size. They Could of made a nice display of the steam engines, they weren't very organised, parked skewiff with big gaps, cars, wagons and caravans mixed in. Also we were right up the top end of the site, up the hill, which is a bit out the way for most people. Most the crowds were around the centre area which was tractors and lorrys, but I did enjoy myself all weekend.

My favourite bit of the show was seeing these 2 Fowlers together. Now both owned by Derek Hubbuck, they were both once rollers. They probably brushed shoulders in John Fowlers works as the Showmans style T3 is works number 21221, and the Tractor is 21222. The showmans style engine "Forest Queen' was only collected by the owner at Friday lunch time from Johnson's of Banks, who have overhauled the motion, tender, and given it a full repaint, and have done a splendid job.

Not a very good picture but you get the idea.

Our 3 Engines

Unfortunately there was no actual Thrashing taking place, they just had the machines turning over. Couldn't of been a better weekend for it aswel.

Queuing for the arena. I'm amazed they fitted us all in. Nearly 30 full size engines, and one of the smallest arenas I've seen at a rally.

And finally, for TT's very own Jon Turner, who I went out of my way twice to go and see and always ended being distracted by somebody else, so I'm sorry I never made it over. But while we were loading up I spotted you leaving so legged it over to get a piccy.

A ROLLER it was built, a ROLLER it will stay!

Aveling 8727 restoration thread
http://www.tractiontalkforum.com/showthread.php?t=26565
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:09 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Riley

Excellent, I saw you Driving in through the Other entrance at the start of the weekend too Jon Turner, Great Combination you have there!

Was an excellent show, I as normal got no pics, but what a good laugh everyone seemed to have, thanks to Geoff and Marrie, for a fine Rally. Weather helped too.

Met lots of new people too, and thanks to everyone else that made it a good weekend.

Shame 1000 engine rally is on the same weekend just up the road, but it doesn't look like Kelsall has suffered. :-)

Cheers

Dave