Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums Mark Forums Read

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#11  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 02:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

I'm tempted to post a 'Dorset again, again' followed by 'Dorset again, again, again". I have plenty to choose from.

Alternatively, we could all chip in and pay for a Charisma Transplant for a certain individual. I understand the NHS waiting list is quite long . . . .
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 06:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bryn Mallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttp2011 View Post
Oh No! not Dorset again!

It is about time that the local council redeveloped the site into housing for the elderly at least the land would be of some proper use then!
It's a new year and Bullshit Bowden has started again, definitely fuel for Scrunt & Farthing!
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 08:21 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Reeves

Quote:
Oh No! not Dorset again!

It is about time that the local council redeveloped the site into housing for the elderly at least the land would be of some proper use then!
This really is the most ridiculous comment I have seen on TT - Presumably Ivybridge's local council would happily accept redevelopment of 600 acres of prime farmland near their town. You are very welcome to the vast number of houses we are getting here in Taunton. Seriously - this is classic attention seeking....

Somerset Steam and Country Show
Low Ham, Langport, July 15th, 16th, 17th, 2016
www.somersettractionengineclub.com
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 08:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: David Bloor

Quote:

It is about time that the local council redeveloped the site into housing for the elderly

It would never work . . . . .

#15  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 08:33 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Piers

Quote:
Oh No! not Dorset again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidje View Post
I'm tempted to post a 'Dorset again, again' followed by 'Dorset again, again, again". I have plenty to choose from.
Yeah, well keep 'em coming David - there's plenty of us here with a genuine interest in steam traction who really enjoy your photographs.

#16  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st January 2014, 09:34 PM
Engineer

Full Name: John Reeves

Dorset, for those who never go there, for whatever reason.....

Somerset Steam and Country Show
Low Ham, Langport, July 15th, 16th, 17th, 2016
www.somersettractionengineclub.com
  #17  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2014, 02:59 AM
Banned

Full Name: Tom Bowden

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
It's a new year and Bullshit Bowden has started again, definitely fuel for Scrunt & Farthing!
And a Happy New Year to you Bryn!
  #18  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2014, 03:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride of Somerset View Post
This really is the most ridiculous comment I have seen on TT - Presumably Ivybridge's local council would happily accept redevelopment of 600 acres of prime farmland near their town. You are very welcome to the vast number of houses we are getting here in Taunton. Seriously - this is classic attention seeking....
Hello John, Happy New Year to you.

I knew that I would be stirring up a hornets nest with my comment and I was just waiting to see who was still awake during these dark dreary days of winter!

In all seriousness, I would hate to see farmland turned over to housing and as the Vice Chairman of our Planning Committee in Ivybridge I am very much against ANY greenfield development especially for wind turbines and especially those revolting solar farms which eat up prime agricultural land. We need to produce more food, I believe that in 2012, the last year for which figures have been produced that we as a country only produced 51% of the total amount of food which we consumed, this figure is nothing short of scandalous. Sadly, we are TOLD that we have to erect a certain number of new houses, not by the County Councils but by the Conservative Government who are currently in power. We have a new development called Sherford which is less than 10 miles away from Ivybridge which is a new settlement of 5,500 homes to be built on unspoilt farmland that due to objectors is running at least 15 years late and is only due to start because the government has thrown millions of pounds at the development to get it started and EACH house is paying £20,000 for in the way of a section 106 agreement (money which has to be paid by the developer to be used for new schools, education or other community use), which will raise around £111 million for new roads etc.

I know how the appearance of Taunton has changed over the years as when I was 6 we lived at Bathpool where my parents had the Post Office and General Stores. Where I use to walk with my mother on a Saturday afternoon to watch the trains is now a sports facility and new houses have been built on a farm which use to flood several times a year.
  #19  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2014, 03:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride of Somerset View Post
Dorset, for those who never go there, for whatever reason.....

Seriously John, having read about how GDSF is organised, it always amazes me to think that roughly within a month the land goes from being farmland to the largest Steam fair in the world and then back again to farmland. That is quite some organisation.
  #20  Post / In Thread 
Old 22nd January 2014, 03:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidje View Post
It would never work . . . . .

Well done David, at last someone with a sense of humour that is as warped as mine! Pity though that you were not able to include any Mobility Scooters on the crossing along with some Rollators and Zimmer Frames, this would have made it look even more realistic.

I was very surprised that it was one of your images as I would normally expect this type of thing from Neil Armstrong as he is very good at photo manipulations!