Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2016, 02:42 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Arthur Carpenter
Default St Albans Rally 4/6/16 Saturday

Here is my offerings for another great day at this rally.

As always enjoy.

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2016, 06:33 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

Hi Arthur,

What a marvelous collection of engines thank you for taking the time to share them with us. I notice that you had a shot of the Foden in Newquay Steam Beer livery. I have a photo of the same engine in Blue Livery taken down here in the Sunny South West! I noticed that at St Albans that the weather seemed a little cloudy, personally, I prefer a slightly overcast day when it comes to photography as you don't have shadows everywhere. What I do not like is when it rains so hard that it runs down my bald head, around the back of my ears and down my neck! If you would like a copy of the Foden in blue, PM me with your email address and I will email a copy to you.

Regards,
Tom.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th June 2016, 09:30 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Gary Peach

It could be a photo of a different wagon, at one time there was a couple of Fodens doing the rounds in 'Newquay Stem beers' livery, one was red with pneumatic tyres (Reg TW4207 No:12364) and the other was blue on solid tyres (Reg YA7952 No:11208, the difference in the road wheels should be the giveaway
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th June 2016, 12:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Trystan Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Hi Arthur,

What a marvelous collection of engines thank you for taking the time to share them with us. I notice that you had a shot of the Foden in Newquay Steam Beer livery. I have a photo of the same engine in Blue Livery taken down here in the Sunny South West! I noticed that at St Albans that the weather seemed a little cloudy, personally, I prefer a slightly overcast day when it comes to photography as you don't have shadows everywhere. What I do not like is when it rains so hard that it runs down my bald head, around the back of my ears and down my neck! If you would like a copy of the Foden in blue, PM me with your email address and I will email a copy to you.

Regards,
Tom.
As noted by Mac 1652 - wrong engine.
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th June 2016, 02:16 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Arthur Carpenter

Thats fine Thomas, I prefer to have a slightly overcast day as I don't like the heat, suffered very badly at a very hot Welland a few years ago. I have the same problem as you when it rains as I have no thatch on top to soak it up.

Thanks for liking the photo's, not seeing many on here this season, don't know why as I always like to see other rallies and engines.

Cheers

Arthur