Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 27th July 2009, 10:41 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Pybus
Default 3in scale Marshall TE for sale.

I have for sale a fully working 3in scale Marshall TE model which is ready to rally details as below please email me for more info and pictures; piecrusty@ntlworld.com

The engine is 52 in long max, 22.5 in wide across the rear wheels and is 32 in high to the chimney top. Weight is between 3 and 4 cwt. Needs a steam test but all should be working fine, the driving trolley come water cart adds about a further 18 inches to the length when its coupled up.

The engine was built by a chap in Essex between 1993 and 1999. The boiler was professionally supplied and tested by Brunell models who also supply the parts, castings etc for this design, I have the original Cornhill test certificate that was supplied to the builder for the boiler and much subsequent test paperwork from two independant boiler inspectors. I acquired the engine in 2006 and arranged my own boiler tests through my Model Engineering Society, all of which it passed easily. The hydraulic test is current until 26th April 2010, the steam test has just expired on 26/4/09 but can easily be re-done.

The design is based on the full sized engine 'Pride of the Road' built 1909 and currently resident Hertfordshire way, Drawings are by Chris Lord, the original engine was a 7 NHP and numbered 54587. As I say this is the engine supplied by the excellent Brunell models ( Graham Howard - Burton On Trent ) and not the S type Marshalls done by LSM.

Offers in region of £7500. Ask for Mark. Tel; 0161 973 2086.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Mark Pybus

This engine is now sold, thankyou everyone.

Mark.