Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2015, 04:25 PM
Engineer

Full Name: chris f
Default Welland 2015

just got back from Welland. weather was good on Saturday, with Sunday being terrible. Another great show on Saturday though.

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th July 2015, 05:13 PM
Engineer

Full Name: sam goddard

visited first time saturday and really enjoyed it with a good quantity of every thing with no particular section being over done. thought the working sections were the best i have ever seen at any show that i have attended with the steam rail crane loading the 2 saw benches a very interesting set up. the road making display was very well laid out and was nice to see the large Ruston portable actually being used properly. enjoyed the showmans line up with a very nice selection of genuine engines which mostly were engines i have never seen before and great to see one or two wired up. the M18 Hell Cat going around the ring was a nice suprise after visiting the War & Peace show on thursday.

all in all Welland certainly was no disappointment from what others have said about the show and it is definitely in my top 5 shows along side Bedford and Much Marcle. it would certainly be an event i would like to take an exhibit to in the future and i hope next year the event gets 3 long hot days of sun shine which it thoroughly deserves. massive pat on the back to all concerned for putting on an A1 event and look forward to returning next year.

regards sam