Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th September 2016, 11:47 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Andrew Silman
Default Ex College Lathes For Sale this week

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Feel members and their friends etc maybe interested in the auction this week of 8 Ex College Training Lathes. Whilst I haven't seen them I'd guess they've seen a great deal less work than similar machines originating from an Engineering Workshop - and what work they have been used for will have been on small pieces of metal well well within their capabilities. Personally I when I set my workshop I deliberately sourced ex School / College / University Machines.

Additionally I can vouch for the Auctioneers - New England - whom I ve purchased quit e a significant amount of items at auction from. Please be aware prices are whats called 'hammer' price and you'll need to add Buyers Premium usually c 15% of Hammer Price to it plus VAT ie if you bid and win at £1,000 Hammer Price - you'll need to add Buyers Premium at 15% ie £150 = £1150 plus VAT @ 20% ie £230 so your bid of £1,000 will cost you £1,000 + £150 +£230 = £1380 (apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs).:

http://auction.newengland.co.uk/lots...llege-machines

They can also put you in touch with Companies who will collect and deliver your machine to wherever you are (for a price - I paid c £500 last time but that covered 4 different machines picked up at two different places and delivered onto my drive - I'd hired two pallet trucks to move them into their position in the Workshop and all went ok).

Kind regards

Andrew

PS I have no connection with the Auctioneers other than as a happy customer.

PPS Please feel free to pm me if I can give you any other information to assist you.