Old 25th February 2009, 10:31 PM
Engineer

Full Name: a.best

great pictures thanks for sharing
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th February 2009, 11:01 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Joe Black

I think your photos are very good. Keep posting all of them as you have been in various different threads.

Am I the only one that thinks the only thing that really spoils photos you're trying to take is people? Obviously we're all in other peoples way when they take photos, but it'd be brilliant if everyone would quickly just vanish.

I can only dream of having camers similar to yours but I'll just have to wait and save for many more years.

Joe
  #13  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th February 2009, 11:27 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dan Brothwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaming North View Post
I think your photos are very good. Keep posting all of them as you have been in various different threads.

Am I the only one that thinks the only thing that really spoils photos you're trying to take is people? Obviously we're all in other peoples way when they take photos, but it'd be brilliant if everyone would quickly just vanish.

I can only dream of having camers similar to yours but I'll just have to wait and save for many more years.

Joe
People have a habit of that! Then when the people are out the way, its either too dark or the exhibits disappeared...
  #14  Post / In Thread 
Old 26th February 2009, 12:07 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Roy Lambeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steaming North View Post

Joe
When I take photos, I need people to be in them. They show the fashion in vogue at the time of the photograph and give a size comparison with the object I am taking since we all know the approx size of the average person. Also when taking photos of subjects like traction engine rallies, 40 years on, identification of well known people at the time is often as interesting to Forums such as T-T as the actual subject.

Point of interest, my camera can now be bought for.
Point of interest, for the 2008 GDSF photos, the camera - Fujipix S9600 can be bought for £190 and has been described as:"In terms of design and style the Fuji Finepix S9600 is as close as you will get to a digital SLR without buying one."

The other photos were nearly all taken with a cheap Ilford Sportsman 35mm or a Pracktica SLR 35mm camera