Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 25th October 2011, 02:18 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Stephen Attenborough
Default Fordson 4 wheel drive Roadless Super Major

I am selling my New Performance Grey Wing 4 wheel drive Roadless Super Major. I bought this tractor in 1981 for baling hay on very steep ground with an International 440 Baler.. During the mid 80’s this tractor took the local record for baling the steepest banks in Middle Monmouthshire.

The tractor is fitted with an automatic pick up hitch. The tractor also comes with a Lawrence Edwards style slot short draw D jaw draw bar for baling. This draw bar slots onto the hook of the pick up hitch and enables connection to a baler via this draw bar without having to remove the pick up hitch. The Lower links are the heavy duty variety supplied by Ernest Doe.
The tractor has a Live Drive clutch which was essential for baling on steep ground. Another feature which made this tractor outstanding for this type of work was the ratio of 540 rpm PTO at 1800 engine rpm. Many of these tractors achieved a PTO speed of 540rpm at 1500 engine rpm, which could make baling tiresome. The top cover has been fitted with a heavy duty top shaft which enabled the tractor to work with a bale carrier with ease. I always preferred a bale carrier to trailers for hauling hay off steep ground. A full set of both front and rear wheel weights have been fitted which improves stability.
The tin work is straight, and has benefited from the protection afforded by a heavy duty cowl guard mounted on a front weight frame. I have cherished this tractor for many years and it still has a complete set of badges including the rare Live Drive badge. During the Summer of 1991 the engine was rebuilt. This included new liners, pistons, fuel pump rebuild, and crank reground, and a complete new live drive clutch assembly. Due to the demise of hay making during subsequent years the tractor has only done less than 500 hours since the rebuild. The tractor starts, drives and runs extremely well. With minimal attention to battery charging and wheel bearings it would be ready for work. This is a unique opportunity to buy an iconic and genuine tractor that has been in the same ownership for 30 years.

£POA
Contact Geoff on 01291 650279, Monmouthshire