Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2022, 03:56 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Michal Bednar
Default Super sentinel armatures etc

Hi Friends, we are looking for any boiler armatures for Super Sentinel and some more mainly Cab parts and accesories.
Our museum (https://www.facebook.com/starestroje/) in Czech republic was in last days succesfull in rescuing remains of fourth existing SKODA Sentinel (this one was factory normalgauge railway conversion) It survive as complete chasis with wheels and steam engine stored in garage, but sadly no Boiler and mainly no armatures, regulator, economiser, injektor etc.
I will be glad for any info about chance to buy any of these parts. We have in our collection as well working SKODA SUPER sentinel lorry No. 357 from 1927
thanks and best regards
Michal
mbednar@starestroje.eu
phone +420 603 188 664
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2022, 04:38 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bob Allison

Would what you call an armature be what we call a firebox ?
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2022, 07:04 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard Nixon

By 'armatures' I think he means boiler fittings, Bob.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 21st November 2022, 07:17 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Richard Nixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbednar View Post
Hi Friends, we are looking for any boiler armatures for Super Sentinel and some more mainly Cab parts and accesories.
Our museum (https://www.facebook.com/starestroje/) in Czech republic was in last days succesfull in rescuing remains of fourth existing SKODA Sentinel (this one was factory normalgauge railway conversion) It survive as complete chasis with wheels and steam engine stored in garage, but sadly no Boiler and mainly no armatures, regulator, economiser, injektor etc.
I will be glad for any info about chance to buy any of these parts. We have in our collection as well working SKODA SUPER sentinel lorry No. 357 from 1927
thanks and best regards
Michal
mbednar@starestroje.eu
phone +420 603 188 664
Michel, Can I refer you to the Sentinel Drivers Club website at www.sentineldriversclub.com. where under 'ARCHIVE' you will find Spare Parts and Drivers Handbooks, the ones covering the 'Super-Sentinel' waggon ones would especially be of use to you. We also have drawings available covering the period 1915 to 1938 which should cover most of what you need. I am the Drawings Officer for the SDC and my contact details are on this website.

Tags
sentinel, steam, wagon