Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 23rd August 2009, 05:15 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Chris R
Default Wanted: Boiler & Part Build of 2" Minnie Traction Engine or similar.

Hi Guys

I`ve made a few posts in the model TE forum and I was going to attempt a 2" Minnie T.E.

After much thought, I`m going to hold off for a few weeks to see first if I could get hold of a boiler or/and part build for a 2" Minnie or similar. I`m not really looking at the 1" Minnie, as at the end of it I would like something that can do a bit of "work" but then again, the scale needs to be able to be machined on my boxford lathe and small'ish' X2 mill.

I`ve already head a few offers for the purchased of near complete engines but I`m really only after a skeleton and especially the boiler to get me off to a good start. Also, I can`t afford the cost of a mainly built engine. If it isn`t a 2" Minnie then it needs to be a well publicized engine so that if I get in trouble with the build I can ask for help and people will know the engine.

Let me know if you think you would have anything that would interest me. I`m located near Manchester - UK. I`ll give this a couple of weeks and if nothing comes up, I`ll bite the bullet and go for the 2" minnie from scratch

Thanks
Chris