Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#21  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th October 2010, 12:56 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_m View Post
This thread was started in 2009 refering to the event at Cheltenham racecourse perhaps that is where the confusion started about this years location?? Isn't this years event on 9-10th?
Ambiguous thread titles and not clearly stating event locations is a common problem when people post advance notices about events on this forum and others i've noticed, quire often.

Some (events) give excellent details of were what and when, but others assume every body knows or is able to guess which end of the country an event is located from the scant info given, or that just posting a web site link suffices (as often they are sadly lacking in details when you look at them of were it is, requiring some hunting for the details on the site) . - The previous comments are a general statement about many events and not targeted at this one.

Back to this event ;-
The event at Cheltenham last year was good day apart from some of the car owners, who were obviously only there for a free day/weekend out, as they had no interest in the paying public trying to take photos in quite a few cases. The layout of the car section was cramped with space left for the Sunday only brigade by the look of it when i visited on the Saturday.

Were as the steam people are very obliging moving out of photos, when they see people waiting and moving objects, or even the engine to let you get a good shot. .

Shame there is no ploughing this year, as there was quire a bit of interest in it last year with some of the stubble on fire.

Was a decent turn out of tractors with a few more interesting machine as-well.

I'll see if i make the trip down again this year, if the weathers ok
  #22  Post / In Thread 
Old 8th October 2010, 08:12 AM
Engineer

Full Name: .

It is definately 100% being held at Toddington this weekend.

Nigel usually gets a good selection of engines, I suspect this year will be no exception.

Our Roller and 'pile of shit' (Copyright: P.Tonks) is heading there today, so will post some images either Friday or Saturday Evening.
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Engineer

Full Name: .

Cracking traditional sort of show. 28ish steamers, if you missed it today, well worth a visit tomorrow.