Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > Wanted Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Wanted Adverts Steam items and equipment Wanted.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st July 2024, 12:51 PM
Oily Rag

Full Name: John Nicholson
Default 4” Little Samson wheels

Does anyone have a set of 4” Little Samson cast wheels for sale, or a set of hub castings. It’s very disappointing that STW are not supporting the smaller LS models.
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 31st July 2024, 08:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Paul Kemp

I don’t think they are supporting the bigger one either are they? Last time I spoke with someone looking for 6” parts they didn’t have them either. Must be 2 years since they took the design from Edward and I don’t think they have sold a RTR or a kit yet. Someone I know paid a deposit in anticipation of a kit being released and ended up losing patience, got his money back and bought a second hand, completed engine. Real shame.

Paul.
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2024, 09:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: ross anderson

My nephew is after a cylinder block for a four inch. Not worried if it is machined or not and a crankshaft
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 15th August 2024, 06:22 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Martin Bryars

I am after a differential, the whole water pump and the boiler clacks for a 4 inch.
I believe STW have seen a downturn post Covid and are having difficulty selling production, so are not developing the LS range. I actually bought my castings etc from them immediately after the sale by Edward, and what I am missing is was not in stock. It is a very great shame as it is a lovely model with excellent drawings.
I spoke to Dean ( I hope that is correct) a few weeks ago. The chap who was dealing with LS has left so he would have to sort out a large number of patterns in all 3 scales and does not know the model intimately. I think he would then be amenable to at least casting parts required by existing builders. I suspect that the more enquiries he has, the more likely he is to arrange castings.
I am relatively relaxed about the water parts as if the worst comes to the worst one can fabricate them or use alternatives. The differential is a different kettle of fish!
There is no harm in emailing STW. They do, incidentally, have a very, very few parts in stock.