Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Advertisements > For-Sale Adverts
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

For-Sale Adverts Steam items and equipment For Sale.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 19th July 2023, 01:12 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adam Brown
Default L H Sommerfield Photo Collection

I am considering the sale of the L H Sommerfield Photograph Collection. Around ten years ago a large photo collection was dispersed on ebay with each photo sold individually. This was the Jack Sommerfield Collection. His brother had a similar collection which I managed to acquire at three different auctions as his house was cleared.

The brothers appear to have had access to numerous Lincolnshire area photos (their local area) and produced good quality copies of many originals. Ploughing engines were a favoured subject. I have posted from this collection frequently on here in the past. It is a comprehensive collection of working day and early preservation pictures, including engines laid up in yards and works photos that are not so common.

I total it at around 5,188 images. Some appear a couple of times (Lincs area stuff then appearing under maker also). I also have all the negatives which are included.

As I say I am considering the sale, I know what I can get for them if I sell them off one by one but that will take years and it seems wrong to split the collection up. So I'm open to offers. I may well end up sending them to Cheffins to be sold off album by album. I'm only selling as I don't look at them and they take up space. I've moved house and they have remained in store at our works. It seems a shame - someone should enjoy them.

So please PM me if genuinely interested.

Album 1. 279 Photos. Vast majority working day with a scattering of earlier preservation photos. Mostly on the subject of Lincolnshire owners

Album 2. 228 Photos. Vast majority working day with a scattering of earlier preservation photos. Again Lincs subject matter.

Album 3. 302 Photos. A mix of working day and earlier preservation, majority working day. Covers Brown & May, Clayton & Shuttleworth, Foden & Foster with a few oddities like Elston, Paxman etc

Album 4. 253 Photos. Majority working day. Foster (including high quality works photos). Fowell. Fowler.

Album 5. 310 Photos. Majority working day. Fowler

Album 6. 259 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Fowler,

Album 7. 269 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Fowler

Album 8. 303 Photos. Majority workind day. Garrett, Green, Hornsby, Marshall, Mann, Mclaren, Marshall

Album 9. 310 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Marshall, Ransomes, Robey, Ruston, Savage, Sentinel

Album 10. 266 Photos. Tasker, Wallis, Yorkshire, Odds

Album 11. 394 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Ploughing Engines

Album 12. 383 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Traction Engines (and others)

Album 13. 519 Photos. Mixed working day and early preservation. Mostly rollers and wagons

Album 14. 129 Photos. Majority working day. Mixed

Album 15. 30 Photos. Large format including 3 Mclaren Plough works photos

Album 16. 334 Photos. Majority working day. Atkinson, Allen, Aveling, Allchin

Album 17. 321 Photos. Majority working day. Burrell

Album 18. 299 Photos. Majority working day. Burrell