Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th June 2010, 06:11 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Peter Harris
Default Pickering 2010

Just wondered who will be going to Pickering this year,
  #2  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th June 2010, 08:18 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david guest

we will be attending with our 32 seater adult chairs and fair organ
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th June 2010, 09:58 PM
Engineer

Full Name: ian morris

I'lll be there with the Case I think, looking forward to weather like last time!
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th June 2010, 10:43 PM
Engineer

Full Name: mike m

I will be staying clear. Don't want to be associated with an event the SB is involved with
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th June 2010, 11:25 PM
Engineer

Full Name: david guest

pity you are not going its going to be the largest rally yet with engines and organs
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2010, 11:28 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairoplanes View Post
pity you are not going its going to be the largest rally yet with engines and organs
I will survive. I will see a lot more intresting stuff at the GDSF, Lincoln and Welland. All much better rallies anyway in my oppinion, plus they ahve the advantage of not been run to line somebodys pockets.
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2010, 11:56 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: karl butler

Mike whats so wrong with a rally been run as a comercial venture? Looking through some other posts on here about rallys been cancelled because of rising costs,could it be that comercialy run events will be the only ones left soon? Large rallys I think we can all agree cost a fortune to put on and if someone is willing to take the risk of putting one on,they should at least get some posative support.
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2010, 12:09 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamsec View Post
Mike whats so wrong with a rally been run as a comercial venture? Looking through some other posts on here about rallys been cancelled because of rising costs,could it be that comercialy run events will be the only ones left soon? Large rallys I think we can all agree cost a fortune to put on and if someone is willing to take the risk of putting one on,they should at least get some posative support.
It looks to me that it is the commercial events that have been hit with cancellations. Not the shows run for many years by societies.

It is certainly the commercial event that have been hit with financial difficulties and subsequent aggro.

Seems to me like the engine owners should really ask for the appearance moneys up front, or not attend. I'm sure that would cure many of the difficulties at such events

I can see where mike is coming from. But he to must also remember that Dorset is not a lot more than a commercially run event itself.
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2010, 05:21 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamsec View Post
Theres enough rallies to choose from each weekend that are run for chairties etc. Even the big ones like Lincoln & Welland give money to charity. I would much rather help these rallies, than spend the money I earn, exhibiting at a show, for somebody's personal gain.
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th June 2010, 05:23 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_10 Brass Cleaner View Post
It looks to me that it is the commercial events that have been hit with cancellations. Not the shows run for many years by societies.

It is certainly the commercial event that have been hit with financial difficulties and subsequent aggro.

Seems to me like the engine owners should really ask for the appearance moneys up front, or not attend. I'm sure that would cure many of the difficulties at such events

I can see where mike is coming from. But he to must also remember that Dorset is not a lot more than a commercially run event itself.
Whilst Dorset is a commerically run event, you ahve to remember that they do give a lot of money to charity each year. And Dorset is somewhat special due to its size. Whereas there are plenty of other rallies the size of Pickering which are doing just fine.