Traction-Talk  

Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Steam Events
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Steam Events Let others know about events in your area.

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2015, 11:22 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: West of England Steam Engine Society
Default West of England Steam Engine Society - 60th Event

#2  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th August 2015, 11:54 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Thomas Bowden

Does anyone have a list of the full size engines attending this years event?
  #3  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2015, 11:22 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Adrian Menear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Does anyone have a list of the full size engines attending this years event?
Tom, there are 51 full size booked in (two of these are restoration projects) and seven of them attended the 1956 event, i'm sure there will be something there of interest for most steam enthusiasts

Over 30 are taking part in a run on the Thursday which will go via Engine Hill to the Stithians site.
  #4  Post / In Thread 
Old 5th August 2015, 11:04 PM
Engineer

That is absolutely great my Grandson and myself will be there probably on the Saturday as the roads are always quiet going home to Ivybridge. Just one further question, I am a blue badge holder owing to being disabled as I have mobility issues stemming from having osteo-arthritis in my spine and in my knees. I was looking last night at a 2012 programme which made reference to there being disabled parking by the main ring. Is that the case? as it would make it a lot easier for me as normally when I show my blue badge to the Car Park Marshalls I end up having to park well down the field in the car park by the green gate and it is quite difficult getting from there to the pay gate over the grass with my rollator walking aid. Any advice would be gratefully received as I always enjoy your rally even though it is a round trip of around 170 miles from home with a journey time of two hours each way. I cannot ask my 18 year old grandson to drop me off near the gate as he does not drive due to his disability.

Once inside the rally field the hard surfaces are great for me as they are easy to negotiate with my walking aid.

Final question, what time is the miniature parade on the Saturday please? as we always seem to arrive just as it is ending!
  #5  Post / In Thread 
Old 6th August 2015, 11:30 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Adrian Menear

Tom, there is disabled parking by the ring, but it is very limited so I can not guarantee that parking is available on the day, though there are other areas you could park within the site which are not to far away from the ring

Obviously not connected to yourself, but I had to laugh last year as someone made a point of needing to park at the disabled area, had the blue badge etc, then promptly walked 400yds back to the office to purchase a program, you would have to have been there to believe it!

I'm sorry, I don't know what time the miniature parade is, but it is normally in the afternoon just after the full size have gone in
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 7th August 2015, 10:37 PM
Engineer

Thanks Adrian, that is very useful and if I am able to park near the ring, I will pay for admission for the two of us and buy a programme at the same time on my way in!!
  #7  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2015, 05:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Raymond Hoskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton View Post
Thanks Adrian, that is very useful and if I am able to park near the ring, I will pay for admission for the two of us and buy a programme at the same time on my way in!!
make ure you come to the working section . we will be there with the portable and saw bench.youwill be welcome to a cup of tea and a seat ..Scooby..
  #8  Post / In Thread 
Old 9th August 2015, 11:35 PM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
make ure you come to the working section . we will be there with the portable and saw bench.youwill be welcome to a cup of tea and a seat ..Scooby..
Thanks Scooby, I will take you up on your offer. I bring my own seat as it has 4 wheels and a pair of parking brake handles on it!
  #9  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th August 2015, 09:26 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dan Solheim

I can't wait, I have been working on my 4" fowler for 4 months and most of my time for the last 2 weeks. This will be her first time out so your more then welcome to come and say hi, you will know that it is me as I will probable be swearing at it
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 11th August 2015, 12:15 AM
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solheim View Post
I can't wait, I have been working on my 4" fowler for 4 months and most of my time for the last 2 weeks. This will be her first time out so your more then welcome to come and say hi, you will know that it is me as I will probable be swearing at it
Thanks Dan, I enjoy photographing miniatures as much as full size engines. I will listen carefully for the colourful language and I will follow it and no doubt I will find you!