Go Back   Traction-Talk > Steam Rallies > Show Reports
Register Donate Events Calendar Picture Albums

Show Reports Reports and pictures from recent Steam events

#1  Post / In Thread 
Old Today, 06:12 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Stephan Gaal
Default 34th Australian Min Traction & Road Steam Rally

This was a weekend event held at the Rotary Park grounds in Echuca Australia by the Campaspe Valley Miniature Railway.

A well organized private event for those interested in Road Steam.

$20 per head to register then you could book meals as required. Plenty of room for camping and caravans but loads of accommodation available to suit anyone's pocket.

The weather on Friday during my drive there was very wet with a couple of times when I had to pull over and wait for the rain to ease. Fortunately the grounds were very dry and most of the water was gone by Saturday Lunch. The farmers were very happy.

I don't know how many people attended but there were just under 40 machines. Some of them having traveled a considerable distance to attend. The grounds available for driving were extensive and rounding everyone up for the daily Grand Parade was a bit like herding chickens. For the rest of the time we were free to go where we wanted and a few had fun testing themselves on the several steep grades. Down can be just as challenging as up the first time you try it.

I made a short video to give you the idea and hopefully others will add some stills of the various engines that were there.

Enjoy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzAYR8hEZk