View Single Post
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th March 2010, 03:45 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Harry Godding

I myself really enjoyed looking round (First time) - i must admit to begin with i was a bit sceptical and thought that it'd be much better getting them all into steam... BUT when i left i'd completly changed my mind.

Where else do you get to see engines as they were (Albeit a bit rustier) in their working days. I think thats its a godsend that people like me who never got to see them in their comercial lifes can finally see what they would have been like years ago and expecially since most of them are in their original paint. If i was restoring an engine (Especially and A&P Roller) i would be extremely grateful that i would be able to see some of the features that are sadly not often seen on engines nowadays for various reasons.

And leaving engines outside? I obviously don't know about their financial situation but if they had enough money i'm sure they would put the rest of the engines under propper cover!

I have however the viewpoint that if they have two engines which are pretty much the same then maybe it would be worth restoring/selling them to get them into steam.

I don't want to start an argument here - everyone has their own opinions!

Health & Safety? What ever happened to common sense?