Thread: 2021 Rallys
View Single Post
  #25  Post / In Thread 
Old 4th December 2020, 07:56 AM
Apprentice

Full Name: Dan Wood

I know a number of smaller rallys hoping and planning to go ahead in June and onwards and I say good luck to them.

The lockdown and tiers are ridiculous - the hospitals knew how to treat covid in May, they would have been better off to spend the money protecting elderly venerable and let everyone else enjoy their lives and get the virus over the summer when it would spread slower - anyone under 50 will get it sooner or later anyhow. You don't get a free flu-jab what makes anyone think they'll ever get a free covid-jab unless they're high risk?

Over 20k employees of Debenhams and Arcardia alone, plus pubs and restaurants not reopening, gyms closed for good and so on - the multiplier effects of this will be a monumental recession lasting for years. No matter how much they balls up brexit, it'll be nothing compared to the covid cockup.

Add on all the furlough and business rate relief payments and my children will be paying for all this spending their entire lives.

Is it right to burden the younger healthier masses (both financially and that we won't get an extra year of life to make up for missing 2020 rally season) just so a few elderly with underlying health conditions might get a few more months? And I say few as put it in perspective, even the daft died at somepoint within 28days of covid test figures are nothing compared to 450 deaths each and every day from cancer - meanwhile cancer and other treatments are being reduced to fight covid.