View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 12th March 2020, 11:09 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Chris Lawson

Hi
Public transport is not out of the question,
nearest train station to GDSF is Salisbury which is on the Waterloo line out of London I believe local buses are put on pacifically to go from Salisbury station to GDSF, in London there is loads of public transport so getting from either air port to Waterloo station should not be to much problem.

As to were to stay,
As I see it there are two options on or off site,
off site has two problems, there is no were off site that is in walkable distance from site, so if you were to hire a car obviously you wouldn't need public transport and it would enable you to drive to a B&B or Hotel, there are a few b and b's and hotels in the area, but the second problem is it is my understanding they fill up fast!

The over option is to stay on site this has a lot of advantages the activity start at 9 and often go on to midnight
I guess there's a few options I believe Steam Fair do some glamping and I think you might be able to hire a caravan on-site I'm sure their website would have details, I guess you could also buy a tent on route to the show no and then bin it at the end of the show,
you can get most facilities on site there's showers, food shop, restaurant loads of food vans, I think about the only thing you can't do is wash clothes!

Hope this helps Chris