View Single Post
  #23  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th June 2010, 12:35 PM
Engineer

Full Name: james peter brett
Location: Loddon, Norfolk & Nassington East Northamptonshire.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
James, I did have a quiet chuckle to myself with regard to your statement about true preservation and your last sentence about how people should research build history. ISTR reading an factually incorrect article by your self on another forum about the history of a famous Lincolnshire based company. A sure case of the Pot calling the Kettle.
Beg pardon? Any article written by myself has always been researched to the best of all abilities and also checked by persons other then myself with equal and in most cases far greater knowledge than myself! If you have a problem with the document I provided, then I recommend you contact me privately, any additional info or something that is in fact not correct (despite of the info I researched) then it can be corrected, or an additional note added.

MY STATEMENT ON HERE refers more to the fact of the open LYING and deliberate miss-informing of some engines, in regards to a higher horsepower factor than what the engines in question where original quoted as having left the works with. admittedly on power tests, a lot of engines BHP measurement is greater than that of the direct mathematical equation of converting NHP to approximate BHP (a mathematical theorem which is not completely adequate) and also the measurement of NHP also left a lot to be desired in regards to most manufactures relying on the theorem of a equation biased towards piston area and not taking into account of the cylinders volume or pressure released into them. I am also aware of some engines that have been re-bored in preservation, and it is possible that the extra NHP has been achieved thou this method.

Furthermore any exhibit of mine is researched to as best of the information openly available, and the facts given to the public are true. I would never sign my name against any statement or document that contained deliberate lies. It is a fact that in any research will not be 100% fool proof. Look at the believes of the worlds scientist over the past 200 years, and how facts provided by them etc have altered accidently!

(When we preserve our heritage, we protect our future!)

Lord Brett, Bygones Manor, Chedgrave, Loddon, Norwich, Norfolk