View Single Post
  #12  Post / In Thread 
Old 30th March 2010, 05:03 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Dave Riley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir John View Post
It baffles me why anyone would let someone walk round their property with a camera just so they can then come on here to moan about it.

At least they were saved from the scrap man in the first place.

Come to think of it at least they are covered, many an engine I know isn't all year round.

If it was my collection, I would read this bollocks and shut the gates and keep them shut.

If you want an engine, there are plenty for sale. Go buy one. You can then keep it how you see fit.

Just an opinion. No harm intended.
I just thought I better clear something up, moaning and having an oppinion on something is slightly different. I respect your oppinion as I hope you respect others, however moaning is the wrong word, in my oppinion! hehe

In regards to them saving them from the scrap man, they have all my respect and thanks, but maybe they need to think about the next chapter of these engines life.

There are as Ian said still a few engines in steam, that are in working clothes, there is no reason engines can't be in a maintained state, but still be in working clothes.

Right I better go now, before I get told off. Just to clarify, this is not aimed at Thursford, this is a comment in general!!

Cheers

Dave