View Single Post
  #57  Post / In Thread 
Old 14th April 2010, 07:32 PM
Engineer

Full Name: No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mine Explorer View Post
Oh, you mean like <<this>>
...excepting for a moment the fact that it's at Universal Studios, not Disney - but it's the same idea!

Of course I still mourn the passing of the old Birmingham Science & Industry Museum .
If I had a spare hour for lunch whilst at Uni I'd pop over there to make use of the cafe and stand and watch the stationary engines ticking over on a Wednesday.

From what I understand the "Think Tank" (so called) replacement turned all 'hands on' , 'touchy feely' , 'interpretted for the kiddies', and lost half the displays in the process. I couldn't (and still can't) bring myself to go and visit - better to keep happy memories of the old museum, now departed .
Ian, the thinktank thoroughly impressed me, the interesting stuff is still there. I;ve seen loads of Burrell tractors and aveling rollers to live without them.

You can stand under an Austin 10 and see how badly restored it was, also see the poor excuse for stay replacement on the Portable. Dorothea?.

Anyways you can walk all the way round Mr Snodins Foden, I even crawled underneath to the suprise of the 'explainer' who knew less about it than me.

The best bit at the Thinktank is, that if your mean or a yorkshireman (or both), you can look at it through the window for free.