View Single Post
  #37  Post / In Thread 
Old 28th January 2017, 08:36 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Steven Gunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERCULES 9068 View Post
As we are all coming out of europe....................

Do we still have fishing rights to trawl for the sea scopium ?

I could make a fishing hook if I had a sketch of it,

I could also make a clonking iron to stun it after it's caught,

You could stun it with a Wallis and Stevens ash pan rake................. Probably be a bit flimsy ...............just like a Wallis engine.

A Fowler rake would do a better job , probably take two men to lift it though !

What about an Aveling ashpan rake ? Trouble is an Aveling driver is too busy throwing coal into his boiler to have any time to stun a scopium, ( Aveling and Porter, coal and water )........................( see what I did there...........it rhymes )

Tasker tractors....................... probably have an ash pan rake same size as a Mamod................too small.

Mclaren ash pan rake ? Anyone got the phone number of Baldwin crane hire ?

How about a Zettlemeyer ash pan rake ?..................YUK.............Dont even go there,

A Garrett ? same as a Wallis................

I know, let's use a Burrell ash pan rake to stun the scopium, It would be sleek, stylish, well designed, ergonomic ( if you know what that means ) , well painted , and well engineered, just like a Burrell engine,

If we needed to haul the scopium up the beach, we could have a Burrell in front to pull the load, and a Fowler on the back to make all the noise !!

PS, Chris Edmonds once told me If both a road loco and a 5 ton tractor run over your foot.............You'll find there is very little difference between them !!!!!
Outstanding, absolutely outstanding Mr Green.........thank you!