View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 29th September 2020, 02:52 PM
Engineer

Full Name: Bill Starling
Default Bressingham steams again

The Bressingham Steam Museum held a small, and slightly damp, one-day vintage "Do" on the last Sunday in September. It generated a wonderful feeling of things being nearly back to the old normal. For those who missed out, here's a few pictures, carefully selected as being the best I could manage. I trust you agree that, even if they are familiar subjects, it's good to have a reminder of how we hope things will soon be again.

Ruston & Hornsby no. 113043. Sold from the Ruston stand at the Bath & West Show in 1920, 'Oliver' was invited back to the show this year, but had to miss that birthday celebration.

Garrett 'Felsted Belle', now proudly carrying her old name plate, passing the magnificent Marenghi organ, visiting from the nearby Grange Musical Collection.

Conversations round the engines. Surely the essence of these events.

Fowell 'Percy' passing the organ.

and backing into the line-up next to Roby Showman's Tractor 'Bathsheba'.

'Percy' taking another crew for a stroll.

The museum's Burrell single crank portable, believed to be the only one surviving.

Definitely the only surviving, locally built, Youngs portable.

The Youngs' pressure gauge, which seems to me to be upside down.

There were a couple of miniatures present. Here's a fine 4 ins DCC Burrell.

A lovely picture of 'Percy' encouraging the next generation of steam enthusiasts.

Another young enthusiast, possibly wondering whether you always have to get off to fire a Hunslett quarry loco.

An interesting curiosity, the museum's vertical boilered loco with an inverted vertical engine.

Essential equipment for drivers of portable engines?

Oliver with the Youngs.

With thanks to everyone who turned out to display their engines, and the other vintage machinery, or just have a chat and catch-up.
Bill.