Thread: Doort in Stoom
View Single Post
  #10  Post / In Thread 
Old 17th March 2022, 06:47 AM
Engineer

Full Name: iain jubb

That's a shame. I didn't realise it wasn't possible.

But surely going the other way there should be no difference? Providing you insurance company provides your insurance (including all the boiler insurance) within Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood View Post
Hi Iain,

yes, you would be correct, if the miniature would be road legal, i.e. if I could get it registered here, which is completely out of question - Just a hint: a miniature like mine - built/finished in 2020 - would have to fulfill ALL requirements which a car/farm tactor etc. of same year would have to fulfill - emissions, safety, brakes, lights - the list is almost endless.

So, as it is not and cannot be registered - for Customs it is therefore considered much like, say, an expensive camera equipment, or expensive sports gear - you name it. Imagine you would like to bring your racing car or motorbike to race on Nurburgring. This would be the equivalent. You are not allowed to drive the racing car on the road so you cannot just use the Tunnel or ferry to get over here.

Before you ask: I cannot legally register a miniature (or a normal car) in the UK either as I do not (permanently) live in the UK, could not do before Brexit and surely cannot do now.

So as far as that goes, you are lucky to be able to register a miniature for road use. Out of question here in Germany.

Cheers

Elwood