Thread: Doort in Stoom
View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 16th March 2022, 02:11 PM
Apprentice

Full Name: Ulrich FJ

Works the other way around, too.
Before Covid (I will not mention the B-word) it was easy to visit any rally in the UK. I repeatedly did so for just a weekend (there and back in two days) I was planning to visit rallies again but this year with my miniature but frankly speaking I don‘t think its worth the hassle, and I am not even mentioning any boiler inspection.

Contacted German Customs on how to proceed and it looks like I have to state everything down to a single nut and bolt (literally) which I plan to take along and to bring back, ideally with proof of purchase inside EU. This list is going to be checked on depature and cross-checked as soon as I am coming back. in case I forget to mention anything - I have to pay Customs and VAT on that.

And that is just this side of the border. I tried to get some infomation on that topic from HMRC but failed - no reply so far and reading the website does not make you any wiser. And I absolutely am not willing to pay a forwarding agency to fill out the paperwork and charge me an arm and a leg for that.

To drive with my miniature down the Dorset playpen is a dream but it looks like it will stay a dream, just not worth the hassle.

And BTW as we now have to pay excessive money for Customs,VAT and fees on orders from the UK, I started to look around locally for needed material and parts instead of ordering from the UK.

So all in all I will miss UK Rallies, but so be it.

Cheers