Thread: Pickering
View Single Post
  #6  Post / In Thread 
Old 10th February 2014, 12:50 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Craig Colledge

Pickering Steam Rally, .......... What can I say. I've been to a fare few in my time from boy to man, and in various locations and fields around the village over the years. My uncle and grandad were at the very first Pickering Steam Rally which I believe was around 1954 ish. My uncle has never missed a Pickering Steam Rally until his death in 2012. My father used to take Burrell 4062 when he owned it in the 80,s and 90,s. I remember racing my 465 Yamaha YZ at Cropton, then going straight to the rally afterwards and going on the pi$$ with the girls. Good memory's and great photographs. Unfortunatley at the 2009 event when it all went pear shaped and we were there with Royal Sovereign, I haven't been since. Me and the old man used to steam everyware in the old days with the Burrell and I remember waking everyone up on the rally field around 6am one morning when we steamed in over night and a steam pipe fractured. Good days and a good rally at its time. I'm a Yorkshireman born and bread, but now living in Worcestershire. As a Yorkshireman, stubben as hell, I won't go back since 2009, but I do hope either Simon or someone else will keep the rally going on whichever land...Pickering has always been a good rally, but Castle Howard was the best... Duncholm Park is getting near though.....only my opinion.