Thread: Swift Lathe..
View Single Post
  #1  Post / In Thread 
Old 1st March 2009, 07:44 AM
Engineer

Full Name: Michael Webber
Default Swift Lathe..

Greetings,
I need to sell our largish Swift lathe to make way for a larger newer machine. The machine is 72 inch between centres plus a bit, & swings over the cross slide 18-19 inches diameter maximum. Larger diameters over the bed & 4 ft in the gap. The machine is a heavy duty type with locking rack to the tailstock. Interestingly there is a very usefull fower feed to the compound slide when set up to any angle.
The floor area this machine fills would be about 15 ft long & 7ft maximum width & the thing weighs 8 tons.
The headstock has adjustable taper roller bearings. There is a faceplate. 3 & 4 jaw chucks with soft jaws I.D. & O.D. ect. Steady & usual clutter of a machine in regular use.
I would guess the machine to be of early 1950,s vintage as it is painted in a kind of austerity finish, ie one coat of grey gloss! The serial number is 11189. Hmm I may need to check this as it may be 1111 but it wasnt 11111!
Over the years the machine has been serviced & is in excellent mechanical order.
I would like the lathe moved around the month of may, & could help with it,s delivery if necessary.
Intrested parties to contact.... Michael Webber, thus..........
michael.webber@btinternet.com
077477 10908.